Chateau du Pin Gardens
Le Pin Gardens are known throughout France for the fine topiary and extensive flower gardens that surround the chateau. Anchoring the gardens are the magnificent topiary. Beyond the topiary are acres of rose gardens, ponds, iris gardens and natural parks.
The formal gardens were originally designed by noted architect Alfred Koerner for Gerard and Claudine Gignoux in the 1920's. These gardens include the topiary gardens and the terraced gardens with reflecting pools just below the chateau. The gardens are presently maintained and have been expanded by their granddaughter, Jane de la Celle.
The French Government has classified Le Pin as a "Monument Historique". The Ministère de la Culture et de la Communication has awarded the "Des Jardins Remarquables" designation to Le Pin's gardens and grounds.
The gardens are open to the public during weekend afternoons, holidays and by appointment from May 1 through October 15.
The gardens of Le Pin host two annual Fête des Plantes on the last weekend of May and September. Both Fetes are celebrations of the art and passion of plants and gardens. Over 5,000 people come each weekend to learn and enjoy the plants and wares of over 120 vendors.
For more information (in French): Le Pin Gardens facebook
Jane de la Celle, Directeur des Jardins
Château du Pin
Email Adressé: firstname.lastname@example.org