Chateau du Pin architectural history spans many centuries. The main wing was built in the late 15th century, during the reign of King François Premier. The chapel and other additions were constructed in the 18th and 19th centuries. It is believed that the foundation of the central square tower dates back to the 12th century. In 1922, Gerard and Claudine Gignoux acquired the chateau and raised their family there. Gerard created the extraordinary topiary gardens and oversaw Le Pin's farms and vineyards. Claudine, a skilled landscape painter, produced the fine murals for the chateau inspired by the local countryside. Le Pin consists of approximately 300 acres of farmland, woodland with walking trails, vineyards, formal gardens, topiary, and a chapel. Le Pin is classified as a “Monument Historique” and the gardens have earned the “Des Jardins Remarquables” designation by the Ministère de la Culture et de la Communication.
The main wing of the chateau is available for rent to families and groups who wish to enjoy the romance and magic of Le Pin, the Loire Valley, and the surrounding countryside. Today, the children and grandchildren jointly own and manage the chateau.